Welcome to the SherwinM Podcast. A podcast about the adventures of being Filipino American. I am your host Sherwin.
I originally had a different topic I wanted to talk about but I record it three different times and I was not pleased with how it came out. I finally decided to change the topic and save the other idea for another episode. I’m thinking of inviting someone to join with me, maybe that will help shape my content.
In this episode I revisit kain tayo from episode Episode 6. This is part 2.
I take a deeper dive with eating. Some of the topics I cover are
- The life cycles of rice.
- Appetizers and desserts
- What do you find in a plate
- Revisit salu salo (salo salo? I’ve never really spelled/pronounced it with the letter U – /shrug)
- Brief info on cooking rice. I mention a bit that Jokoy (Fil-Am comedian) shared about cooking rice. https://www.facebook.com/jokoy/videos/10155230550522590/
- How to ask for the check at a restaurant
Tagalog Word in this episode
- Kanin – rice
- Ulam – main dish
- Sinigang – soup with a sour flavor usually made with fish, shrimp, or pork but is not limited to those ingredients
- Nilaga – soup usually with meat and vegetables
- Palay – rice seed
- Bigas – uncooked rice
- Ube – yam
- “Chit” or “Chet/Cheat” – check or bill at a restaurant